Content Management System
Every successful website is built on a Content Management System (CMS). CMS empowers site owners to easily manage their content. They can edit pages, post news about their company, manage products and services, can have a blog and much more. This will encourage users to return for the latest information. Everything is managed with a browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox – there is nothing to install on your computer.
Not so long ago, this feature was expensive and was reserved only for big websites with many resources. Now, it is a must have for every successful website – search engines like fresh content and RSS feeds. For a small business website, our CMS of choice is WordPress.
In 2010 WordPress won the best Open Source CMS Award. It is the most used Content Management System today. Well-known companies like CNN, Sony and Ford use it.
Benefits of WordPress as CMS
- Easy to use – by far the most important benefit
- Used by millions
- Low development costs
- No license fees
- Secure and easy to update
- Development starting at $2,499
- See more benefits
Find out more at wordpress.org.
Recent Blog Posts
- SEO Still Works
- Small Business SEO Mistakes
- SEO Trends 2012
- Local Small Business SEO
- Why You Can’t Outsource SEO
- Web Design for Small Business
- Google New Local Search (Places)
- Bad Web Design Happens
- Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and SEO
- Why Google Analytics Is Important
- How Visitors Browse Websites
- Do You Need New Customers?
- SEO Tips – Increase Traffic
- Are You Happy With Your Website?
- SEO Is Not Internet Marketing